Thursday, March 12, 2015

Early Times Design Suggests It Is Possible To Kick Yourself In The Butt


What are you putting off? What steps are you not taking that if you did could move you towards living to your highest self? What's holding you back from your dreams? Are you stuck? Have you plateaued? What are you avoiding or procrastinating on doing today? What's an area of your life that you would like to see improvement in, but for some reason you are not getting the results you desire?

Human self motivation is truly the key to unlocking our potential. But the truth is that human beings are prone to taking the easiest route, or the path of least resistance, and we can lose momentum, procrastinate, stall or stumble... Sometimes we simply need someone who clearly understands our desires to kick us in the butt.

Mr. Joe W. Armstrong presented one option with his United States patent on a device that will finally deliver the promise of parents, teachers, and self-recriminators alike. Armstrong holds a United States patent for a, "User-Operated Amusement Apparatus for Kicking the User's Buttocks." That's right, for some reason that escapes me this guy thinks people would actually enjoy kicking their own butts for fun! The apparatus looks far more primitive than its 2001 patent date would suggest. Essentially, a simple hand pedal is connected underground to what looks like a windmill with a boot attached to each blade. When a user is in the mood for "fun," or is just feeling like a fool, they simply lean over, turn the pedal mechanism and voila: they can kick their own butt to their heart's content!

The trouble is that if we owned his machine, like our treadmills and other fitness equipment, we would most likly not use it when we needed it most, or it would be too painful. We could hang clothes on it like my wife does with our treadmill?

The other day I shared with a friend that I was speaking with my coach about needing more accountability in my life. He was surprised that I had a coach and he answered, "I thought you were a coach?" I responded that everyone needs a coach, including coaches and we don't need to be convinced of the value.

You see I don't often do everything that I want to do and I need my butt kicked occasionally by my coach who is most importantly for me someone who holds me accountable to doing what I say I am going to do. I often set my intentions with my coach and commit to a deadline that he monitors.

In my life I have tried everything else. I have bought thousands of books. I have studied self-motivation for years looking for the secret fix. I have participated in mastermind groups with like minded individuals. If the secret was there I would have it and it would be out on DVD for you to buy!

A good coach will help you to set an action plan, a course, and will monitor your progress every step of the way and hold you accoutable to your intentions when you stumble, lose focus, or fall off track. The result will be that you will see greater results and improvement in your life as I do personally.